We store personal information to create a client profile for you and your pet(s). This enables us to contact you regarding your pet’s appointments and ensure you and your pet receive the best possible service.
- We will store your data for as long as necessary to perform our service and data will be deleted after six years for inactive clients.
- We do not sell to or share your information with any 3rd parties except those required in order for us to operate our business.
- Your information is stored using general industry standard technologies and is secured behind a login, which is only accessible to approved Peanut Paws Pet Grooming Services personnel who have been trained in our data handling practices and our trusted third parties who require access to support our business.
What information we collect about you
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Home Address
- Details about your pet(s)
We do not knowingly collect personal information of anyone under the age of 16 unless you have given explicit permission for them to act on your behalf (e.g. dropping off and picking up your dog) in which case we may take a name and contact details for identification and notification purposes.
If you are contacting us on behalf of someone else you must have their consent to provide us with their details
Our website also collects personal information automatically. Please see the website section below for more information
How we use information about you
We use your information to create a client profile for you and your pet(s). This ensures we have the information required to provide you with our service such as making an appointment, contact you regarding appointments and remind you about upcoming appointments.
From time to time we may inform you, with your explicit consent, about other products or services we offer. We also use social media sites such as Facebook and may use their advertising service to target relevant adverts.
How information about you is shared
- third party service providers
- business partners
- those needed for legal purposes
- those deemed necessary for the welfare and safety you, your pets or anyone else.
Examples of how we may share information with service providers include:
- Fulfilling orders and providing the Services
- Payment processing and fraud prevention
- Responding to queries regarding our services
- Sending marketing communications (with your explicit consent)
- Conducting research and analysis
Examples of how we may disclose data for legal reasons include:
As required by law, for example, to comply with a valid subpoena or other legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or to protect your safety (or the safety of others or your pet(s)); to investigate fraud; or to respond to a government request.
Examples of how we may share information for the welfare and safety you, your pets or anyone else include;
- Animal welfare agencies for severely neglected animals
- Other businesses providing services within the pet industry where we believe the pet may be aggressive.
If you are applying for a position with us we may store your details for upto 3 years incase future vacancies become available which you may be interested in.
If you are employed by us we will keep information about you and your work throughout the period of your employment. This information will only be used for purposes directly relevant to your employment with us. After your employment has ended we will keep your information for six years.
How long your information will be kept for
We will keep your information for a maximum of three years after your last appointment with us. This will ensure we still have previous history about your pet(s) requirements including but not limited to your pet’s behavior.
Where your information is kept
We use outsource services which may store and process your data outside the UK. We use the following safeguards to ensure your information is kept secure.
- The processor abides by the same binding corporate rules regarding data processing as we do
- It will be stored using industry standard encryption in transit and at rest
We may also store any communication such as emails, SMS and Facebook messages on the relevant platforms
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to see the information contained in personal data we hold about you. If you would like to receive some or all of your personal information (called a Subject Access Request).
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any information you think is inaccurate by contacting us.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies and other tracking technologies
For further information and to opt out of non essential cookies please see our Cookie Declaration.
Changes to our privacy notice