Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- It is your responsibility as the pet parent to inform us of any health or behavior concerns regarding your pet such as medication, illness, injury or aggression.
- It helps us to know if your pet has fleas before their appointment so that we can use the appropriate shampoo (at no extra cost) and reduce the risk of infestation to the salon, please be honest with us. If it is found that your pet does have fleas without us being informed then unfortunately we will charge a fee of £10 in addition to the groom price to cover the cost of decontaminating the salon.
- Due to the nature of the work carried out during a groom, the use of sharp equipment and the unavoidable and sometimes sudden movements of your pet, there is always a small risk of injury. We take reasonable precautions to avoid such problems and you can trust that your pet is in a safe, trustworthy and well trained salon, however, we will not accept responsibility for injury, loss, death or illness suffered by your pet whilst in our care.
- Should your pet become unwell during its visit you will be contacted immediately and your pet groomer will use their First Aid training as a preliminary measure.
- If your pet’s coat is matted we will assess the situation along with your pet’s behaviour to determine whether it will be possible to brush out without causing stress or harm to the pet. In some cases, this can be done easily on small areas, however if the coat is excessively matted then the kindest thing to do is clip (shave) the pet regardless of whether they will tolerate extensive brushing or not.
- Pets we cannot groom for their own safety unless a qualified vet advises otherwise:
- Puppies – Until at least 14 days after their second set of vaccinations
- Pets that are pregnant or in season
- Pets that are undergoing/recovering from medical treatment
As we work on a one to one basis, time is reserved for your pet. For this reason we have a cancelation policy in place, we hope you understand that late cancellation and no shows are a loss of income:
- Rearrangement/Cancellation – We require at least 48 hours notice which allows us time to offer the appointment to another customer. If less than 48 hours notice is given then we reserve the right to charge a non refundable deposit for any future bookings.
- No Show – If you fail to turn up for your appointment you will be charged 50% of the agreed service price and will be asked to pay a non refundable deposit for any future appointments.
Your Pet’s Appointment
- Please be punctual when arriving for your appointment to ensure that we have enough time before our next customer arrives. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late then we may have to cancel/rearrange your appointment, this will be treated as a no show and will incur the associated charges.
- The time given for collection must be adhered to as late collection could affect our next appointment resulting in unhappy customers and loss of business. Unfortunately, we do charge a £5 late collection fee for every 15 minutes over the agreed collection time.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your pet’s groom please let us know before you leave. Reasonable requests to alter the trim will be dealt with immediately or changes noted for the next appointment. Please don’t leave negative feedback anywhere without talking to us, giving us the opportunity to resolve the issue first.
- We may sometimes take photos of your pet enjoying their groom, these may be used for marketing purposes.
- Payment will be made on collection of your pet and we are only able to accept cash.